There are several things you may be trying to keep track of on the day of your plastic surgery procedure with Dr. Ciaravino. Here is a list of some of the important steps before you leave your house:
- If you have any questions before or after surgery please feel free to call.
- Do not take aspirin, herbal supplements, diet pills, antihistamines, Ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin or Aleve or medications containing blood-thinning agents for two weeks before and after surgery. You may take Tylenol for pain.
- You must stop smoking for two weeks before and after surgery. For abdominoplasty and breast lift you must stop smoking for four weeks before and after surgery.
- If you develop cold symptoms or any signs of infection within a week of your surgery, please notify the office.
- Do not eat or drink after midnight the night before surgery.
- Please make arrangements to have someone drive you home.
The Day of Surgery
- You may brush your teeth.
- Do not wear make-up.
- Wear a top that zips or buttons, comfortable pants without any metal on them, and flip flops or slip on shoes.
- Do not wear jewelry. Remove piercings if possible.
- Do not bring money or valuables, except for hospital payment.
- Bring your surgical bra or compression garment.
- Report to surgery at your designated time. Usually one to two hours before the procedure.
- Have your prescriptions filled and bring medications with you (office surgery only).
- After surgery, we recommend that you eat a light meal (whatever you prefer), drink plenty of liquids, take medicine as prescribed, and relax.
- If you have any questions about these pre-op instructions, please contact Houston-area plastic surgeon Dr. Ciaravino for an initial and free consultation.